...boo...

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

BULLETIN BOARD

Last friday, I was walking through the 18th floor to get water from the dispenser outside our room. I stopped to take a look at the bulletin board. This colorful print-out caught my attention. However, it said “Lenten Retreat”. My interest had gone away even faster than the colors caught my attention. Out of curiosity, I looked underneath it. and there was something I didn’t want to see.

Race results.
“this couldn’t be..”, I told myself.
Do you mean that that was already there for the longest time and I didn’t know?!
Waahh!

In whatever race the company sponsored, they never asked for race results from the organizers. More so, post it on the bulletin boards.
But of all the times to do it.. aaargh... why now?
Why THIS race?!
I didn’t even make a blog about it even though days before the race itself, there were already stuff goin’ on in my head. “ah. I’ll write about the race. This. That. And blah blah blah...” It’s been almost a year since I last joined a fun run so I was very excited about it. but I wasn’t satisfied with the results so I didn’t feel like sharing the experience to everybody on the net.

But right now, I write to redeem myself.

First and foremost, the 2005 DZMM “Takbo Para sa Kalikasan” was my worst run ever. (Well, ok, second to the worst, among all my races. The worst was my first ever duathlon where I was in the verge of giving up. Eh duathlon naman yun .. in fairness..) So why was it my worst race? Straight to the point now. I had this ‘girl thing’ the day before. Dude, it was very unfortunate. Very unexpected. And very disappointing. In effect, from the beginning of the race, I had to keep my pace slow. Even walk almost half the race. I had to let others overtake me. I was helpless.

Nevertheless, I finished the race.
But with my worst time record of a 10-kilometer run posted on the office bulletin boards. Damn bulletin boards. Kakahiya. Wala lang. defensive. Hehe.
Buti na lang may Lenten Retreat. Hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com