...boo...

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

ON RELATIONSHIPS


Relationships are bonds that tie us to people. Whether you like it or not, we need them. As a matter of fact, as soon as we were born, we already have them. Our relationship with our parents and siblings. As we grow, we seek to maintain good relationships with our schoolmates, officemates, friends and of course, with a loved one.

I thought of how I handled my relationships with different people in my life. That of those who are dearly close to me and who are not at all directly related to my existence in this world. Modesty aside, I have kept many of them intact. With my family, friends, officemates, even with guards and janitors. In terms of how good I am when it comes to keeping good relationships, I am even better when ditching insincere relationships. I guess I have a good nose for shams. And relationships with such are definitely not for me.

I must say though, that if there was one category that would keep me away from that ‘Relationship Guru’ title, it’s the relationship with a significant other. I always fail in that department! Hehe! It’s always a would be but not quite. A friend even labeled me as a star-crossed lover! And another gave me Joshua Harris’ books called “I kissed Dating Good-bye” and "Boy Meets Girl". hmmm..

On a lighter note...

Yesterday, my day ended with the season ender of Sex and the City. And I’d like to end this blog by quoting what Carrie said in the last part:

“Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the YOU you love, well, that's just fabulous.”

1 Comments:

Blogger dadaydamakulay said...

i have those books too. getting dusty in my shelf. nice to look at... the covers are interesting... pero pero pero... nver bothered to read it

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com