...boo...

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

The New Medical City

I had the privilege to have a ‘tour’ at the New Medical City in Ortigas Avenue a couple of weeks back. I was just about to have coffee at their Starbucks (oh yes, they have their own Starbucks outside the lobby!!!), when my intern friend asked me if I would like to check out the building. Needless to say, the place was really .. very .. impressive. It only started operating last June (i think) and was inaugurated during the last week of October.

Highlights:

Outside. There’s a huge fountain. On the left of the fountain is a 24-hour pharmacy, a 24-hour convenience store and the starbucks I was talking about which closes at 12mn. A little far ahead is The Plaza, a restaurant from which I heard has a bit pricey menu, but there are value meals din to choose from. daw ah.

Escalators and elevators. And a separate elevator for patient’s use only. stig.

The over-all ambience. The atmosphere along corridors was not eerie, unlike most hospital corridors are. It was definitely light.

The Chapel. This I wasn’t able to enter because it was already closed (it was already 10:45pm), but I still found solace just looking at the place from outside. The back of the pews were made of glass. Whoa.. Ganda. as in.

The Food court. Yes, food court. We finally have the option not to eat hospital food! Hallelujah!!! There’s Max’s, Binalot, Pizza Hut, Big Chill, Subway and I don’t remember the rest. I was overwhelmed eh. Hehe..

The 15th floor. Being in the top floor was fascinating. Although I could see the Ortigas area from my office window, the site from the New Medical City was even better. It covers the Ortigas area, Pasig area, from Rosario to Cainta to the hills of Antipolo. Aliw!

Nice people. To top it all, the hospital personnel were really friendly and courteous! From the guards to the interns, residences to the doctors.


Oops! Why do I seem to promote the place? As if it’s like a gimmikan ah.. hehe.. wala lang. Share ko lang yun first actual hospital tour ko. ikaw, you like? Just text me for bookings. Haha. Kidding.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

historical yang lugar na yan!!

jan ako palagi dumadaan!!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com