...boo...

Sunday, October 24, 2004

24 HOURS

~ laoag city ~
don't you think 24 hours in a day seem not enough?
i'm here in laoag, ilocos norte to attend the birthday party of my three-year old niece and have a rest from the fast paced city life. my so-called rest included baby sitting my niece. watching her play and make kulit to everybody made me miss my childhood days. i envy kids who are not aware of time. who don't even know what's eating time and playing time. unlike most of us adults who have to be aware of every little thing -including time- because not being aware of it can blow things up for us. everything has to be scheduled. everything has to be in place. i mean, i can't even leave the house without my watch!
much worse, my hectic daily life seems to make me think -- is 24 hours enough to call it a day?
maintaining an 8 to 5 job. juggling exercise activities after office hours to keep fit, like having evening runs or playing badminton. if not so, doing some groceries. being home by 8pm if it's 'one tree hill' day. sitting over coffee with a long lost friend. going to dinner dates. attending a band practice. reviewing for the gpats. before going to bed, of course i can't miss out on my listening to music and reading anything. it's something i can't get out of my system. i think that's part of my musical and brain feeding.
does that seem simple to you? well, not with three different groups of badminton people. not with so many circle of friends to attend coffee or dinner dates with. not with three bands.
i guess that's why i always look forward to saturday nights. it's the only time i can do things out of schedule. things unplanned. sometimes even things totally uncalled for. saturday nights seem endless for me. no time frame. but then again, not quite.
after weekends are weekdays. that's just the way things are. it's just another 24 hours to deal with. 24 hours to make use of. 24 hours to squeeze everything in. it's funny even finding time to wonder... is 24 hours enough to call it a day?

2 Comments:

Blogger 99 said...

ako nga eh, gusto ko lang 18 hours lang per day... yung tipong mabilis yung rotation ng earth dun sa kanyang axis...

10:18 PM  
Blogger melay / carme said...

18 hours? wow. di kaya sobrang bitin na talaga yun? masmabilis tayo tumanda pag ganun.. Ü

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com