...boo...

Friday, October 01, 2004

OVER-ANALYZING

They say too much of anything can be bad. Too much drinking, too much eating, even too much exercise. Too much thinking? I believe so. I’m a person who thinks a lot. I am not claiming to be highly intellectual. I think a lot in the sense that I wonder about a lot of things. I wonder what the ants say when they bump into each other. And that needle-like prick in our hearts when our feelings get hurt? I wonder where that muscle responsible for that pain is located. I wonder when I will die. I wonder why is it so hard to lose weight when gaining is so easy.

Wondering manifests curiosity. A lot of what’s, where’s, when’s and why’s. On the other hand, analysis manifests prudence. A lot of what if’s and how come’s. Over-analysis manifests paranoia. I guess. Over-analysis requires a lot of thinking. It needs a person capable of looking at different scenarios, especially those that normal people don’t see. She sees the different conditions of which the solution set should belong to in order to attain a certain equality. Ok, well, I am an over-analyst. And no matter how I make it sound beautiful, I know it’s not. (Hehe. I was just trying to mess your mind up. You see, my reader, I was just thinking of what you could be thinking. My over-analyzing sickness jumps out of nowhere most of the time.) So where was i? hehe.. ah ok, as I was telling, I’m an over-analyst and I honestly don’t know if it’s something to be proud of or not. If you look at it on one side, you’ll think that an over-analyst exaggerates things that need not be exaggerated, you’ll think that she is a pessimist. Not exactly so. But yes – most of the time, as an over-analyst, my worries get the better of me.

But you know what? There’s also a lighter side to being one. My ability of over analyzing situations has gotten me out of trouble for the longest time. For one, I never grew up as a problem child because as far as I can remember, I have been thinking of consequences I would have to face if I failed a subject in school, or if I got into a fight, or if I cheated. (I mean, if I was caught cheating. Hehe!) It has also prevented me from making mistakes that left permanent damages in my life. Or mistakes that were life-changing. Like I was never a troubled teen who was drowning in drugs or I didn’t become a teenage mom. (hey, I don’t have anything against teenage mums here, ok?)I also have the tendency to over-analyze new people who come into my life, especially guys who show deeper intentions for me. And believe me -- it has worked for my own good a hundred times. Although i could not disregard the fact that it has also cost me some potential relationships. I guess that's the only not-so-bright side of it.

Nevertheless, i am still an over-analyst.

Basically what I am trying to say here is that in our day to day living, thinking is important. Over-analyzing? A necessity. Especially nowadays when everything is a sensitive issue --- individuality, lifestyle, money, career, politics, even safety and security. You’ll never know when people are just getting the best of you for their own interest. But at the same time, when it comes to love, most of the time it’s better not to think anymore. Let loose. Grab every opportunity that may come your way. Rather than analyzing situations, BE in the situations that might happen. Don’t think of the risks. Think of the fun you’ll get out of it while taking those risks. Set aside analysis. Go foolish for love. After all, love is something that could not be captured by reasoning.

Live and (over) analyze. Love and go crazy.

1 Comments:

Blogger dadaydamakulay said...

Finally, Melay's got a blogsite. If there's one thing I will not dare analyze, it would be Melay. Though this blog will give us a peek to her complex mind, you'll never have her all figured out. As she said, she's n-1.

keep on writing! you're first post surely gave us a taste of "being melay". (reminds me of being john malcovich, i love that movie)

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com