...boo...

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

HIBERNATION

the thought that i was dead crossed my mother's mind. for her, it was waaay tooo creepy. i think it was waaay tooo ... weird.
she creeped into my room, slowly approaching me as was sleeping on my bed. i moved. she sighed and left my room. for a moment, she thought that i was no longer breathing inside my room, where in fact, i was just 'hibernating.'
i couldn't blame her though. it has been more than 24 hours since she heard me say "mum, i'm home." more than 24 hours since she last heard my bedroom door close. and open, for that matter.
yes, i do sleep for more than 24 hours (sometimes 30, to be exact) on weekends. that's mainly because i sleep for like, 3-4 hours a day on weekends. the reasons behind that is about the scheduling of my work and school (gigs alongside, although that's very rare nowadays). it's complicated going into details. nakakatamad magtype.
a 24-hour sleep is part of my life. luckily, despite everything that's going on in it, i still have time for that. and i know most people don't. most people even can't. they keep asking me of that after-a-long-sleep headache. never really had one.
so if one time you text me and it's a weekend and i get to reply the next day, i probably just got out of my 24-hour slump. i just spent my day off. and i'm literally 'off' to another world.
a couple of weeks back, i woke up from that kind of sleep, reached for my phone, replied to a friend and she said:
wow! nabuhay ka!"
again and again and again -- i was not dead.
i was just 'hibernating'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com