...boo...

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

SOMETHING TO DO

My friend gnet called me one time at the office. She said she just wanted to disturb me because she has nothing else to do.

Melay: well listen to edie brickel’s wheel and practice it with the kahon (she’s our band’s percussionist, by the way)
Gnet: done that already.
Melay: read a book.
Gnet: I’ve read every book in the house.
Melay: well, read them again!
Gnet: duh.
Melay: if I was in your situation, I’d sleep.
Gnet: I can’t sleep at this time of day.
Melay: how about you think of something to do yourself? In that way, you are actually doing something already rather than calling me in the middle of my work and expecting me to accommodate you?

Kidding. I didn’t tell that last line to her. Haha. She’s a really good friend you know.
I wasn’t really upset that she called. I guess what I felt was more of envy. I was envious of the fact that she can’t think of anything to do. That is something that I haven’t done in a million years.

Later that day an officemate told me she hated our 4-work day schedule. I asked her why and she told me, “Wala akong magawa sa bahay.” My eyes dropped like a puppy yearning for that piece of meat that my master just threw in the trashcan.
Daymn.. I couldn’t believe hearing these from people... i wish one day i'd be able to say those words too.
as for now.. gotta go.. still got something to do..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com